Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm melting...

Or at least that's what I thought!  Tonight was my sort of re-entry into running/walking, except this time I ran.  And I was sweating buckets.  I walked twice last week, but that celebration is over.  If I am considering a Half-Marathon, it's time to get busy!  But more on that later...

My Mother's Day was awesome!  My son made some things for me at pre-school and he was SO proud to give them to me.  Honestly, there are no better presents than the ones that come from your child's heart.  And the sappy little poem that was attached to the picture of his hand print was absolutely amazing!  He was just gleaming, and I couldn't have asked for a better gift.  Having said that...my husband "helped" my son buy me an awesome Mother's Day gift.  I have been toying around with buying an iPod for quite some time.  At the same time, it was time for me to buy a new cell phone.  Mine was quite outdated.  I didn't even have texting capabilities!  Mostly because I have been resistant, and not because I'm not "hip."  So, my gift was the new iPhone 4 from Verizon.  And can I say, it is unbelievable!  The funny part is that I didn't even know how to answer a call at first.  I work in technology for a living, but have sworn against modern technology for some time.  Nonetheless, I now have a sweet phone. 

One of my friends from work just finished the C25K program, and she told me about a podcast that she downloaded for free.  So, Terri, meet Podrunner:Intervals.  And let me just say, this program is amazing!  It keeps your stride, bpm's (beats per minute), and breathing totally under control.  Because I just finished a 10k, I decided to start with Week 4.  I want to be able to run most of the Half, so I really thought it would be wise for me to go back and re-visit a running training program to get my running under control.  I just loved it.  And 3 miles was done and over in no time!  I'm a dance-party music type of girl, and the music for this program is techno-like.  Honestly, I didn't think about my breathing patterns one time.  I was so focused on getting in sync with the beat of the music that it just flowed naturally.  I am really looking forward to doing it again on Thursday!

As for Mother's Day, I wanted to share a pic of me and my baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. I welcome your comments and suggestions!