Monday, June 6, 2011

My Training Plan...or Not...

Hello everyone!  I have been so ridiculously busy over the past few weeks.  My work has definitely been busier and when I come home in the evening I find myself wanting to just go outside and play with the kiddo.  He absolutely loves being outside, so I try to take advantage whenever I can.  Couple that with him falling ill with strep throat, let's just say life has been hectic.

At any rate, my running plan continues on and I struggle everyday with fighting this good fight.  But alas, I still plan to conquer.  I have a great friend that provided me with a new term to use in place of what I like to call, "running."  It's called "joggling."  So for now, I will call myslef a Joggler.   A little mix of walking, skipping, hopping, and kind of picking my feet up off the ground in a faster-than-walking pace.  There it is: Joggling!

So on my continued path of becoming the greatest Joggler known to mankind, I continue to exercise at a minimum of three days a week.  I was thrown a little off track by my vacation a few weeks ago, so I am now on Week 6 Day 2 of the Podrunner:Intervals First Day to 5k Program.  And can I just say that I am loving it.  It totally consumes my mind so I really don't think about my breathing technique at all.  But obviously something is working because, well, I haven't passed out yet from not breathing.  But as with anything, I do have two issues.  One, I still don't really like water.  I am trying really hard to over-hydrate on the days I know I am going to joggle, but I know I'm still not getting enough water.  And two, I absolutely hate from the bottom of heart bumble bees.  With the extremely hot and humid weather, they are inevitable.  But, nonetheless, I hate them.  They cause me to completely freeze and panic.  They scare...me...to...death!  And they insist on following me down the bike path every time I run.  I am allergic to them, and am terrified I am going to get stung.  I mean, seriously, what are you supposed to do when they start bouncing off of your head and swarming around you, ready to attack?  Do you just keep running?  Will they eventually go away?  Ugh, if I could just figure that out, I really would be fine.  I know I need to ask for a prescription for an EpiPen, just in case, but you know how that goes.  I just haven't made the time to do it.

Anyway, I am still trying to find the perfect training plan for this Half Marathon that I am just crazy enough to participate in.  I blame my husband's cousin for that.  Thanks, Katy...

I have looked high and low for the right plan and I still haven't come up with the perfect plan for me.  I still don't know if I am woman enough to actually think that I'm going to run the whole thing.  AHHH, decisions, decisions!

As for a weigh-in update, I did have a successful WooHoo Weigh-In almost two weeks ago.  I have not quite hit that 20 pound milestone, but I'm confident it is going to happen this week.  It HAS to!  I totally have "pants on the ground syndrome", so something has to give here!  I need to go shopping!

Do any of you have the same fear of bees that I do?  Do any of you recommend a Half-Marathon training plan for a Joggler like myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. I welcome your comments and suggestions!