Saturday, March 12, 2011

A few lessons learned

“Most people who fail in their dreams fail not from lack of ability but from lack of commitment” ~ Zig Ziglar

I found this quote on another blog and I really love it!  It's so true and certainly applies to my life.  I looked back on my blog posts from the beginning of this journey and I have really learned quite a few things.  But, I have SO far to go!  Not really as far as actual "pounds lost", but my mentality is so immature.  I learn new things every single day about health, food, weight loss, and about myself.  One thing is certain, I do not have the lack of ability to make this happen.  But do I have the commitment?

I like to think that I am committed.  But it is really hard!  I have found through this process that I am not a Superwoman, nor will I ever be.  I have weaknesses.  I like food that is bad (well, to the contrary, it is really good.)  I have a lot going on during the week.  I am a mother of a very rambunctious three year old.  I am trying to be a good wife.  I am trying to faithfully serve my God.  And on and on and on.

But thus far, I have learned many things and it only reinforces why I am committed to fulfilling my dreams of being healthy and feeling good!  Let me share a few of those realizations with you:

1.  I have to consistently exercise.  I have led a lifestyle that didn't incorporate exercise and it is way to easy for me to slip right back onto the couch and watch television.

2.  I really love finding and trying whole and healthy foods to eat.  Who knew that fruits and veggies could be so tasty?  And might I add, I make a really mean fruit smoothie!

3.  I cannot do it all at once.  I am the kind of person that becomes obsessed with things almost to the point of insanity.  I realize this about myself, yet I continue to do it anyway!  This is exactly what the title of the blog states:  a journey.  A journey is a lifetime of change, not a one day turnaround.

4.  I feel really good in my own skin.  I haven't felt this way in a long time.

5.  My son has taken notice of the changes I have made.  This simply amazes me that I can make such a significant impact in his young little life.  He asks me all the time, "Mommy, are you going to do your ets-ercise?"

6.  I really love Greek yogurt!  Why didn't we have this sooner???

7.  I have the ability to do this and the commitment continues to burn inside of me.  It's awesome!

8.  I love to blog.  It does take time, but it is so important in my self-accountability.   

These are just a few things that I can name off the top of my head.  I am certain there are more exciting lessons to be learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. I welcome your comments and suggestions!