Saturday, March 12, 2011
A few lessons learned
I found this quote on another blog and I really love it! It's so true and certainly applies to my life. I looked back on my blog posts from the beginning of this journey and I have really learned quite a few things. But, I have SO far to go! Not really as far as actual "pounds lost", but my mentality is so immature. I learn new things every single day about health, food, weight loss, and about myself. One thing is certain, I do not have the lack of ability to make this happen. But do I have the commitment?
I like to think that I am committed. But it is really hard! I have found through this process that I am not a Superwoman, nor will I ever be. I have weaknesses. I like food that is bad (well, to the contrary, it is really good.) I have a lot going on during the week. I am a mother of a very rambunctious three year old. I am trying to be a good wife. I am trying to faithfully serve my God. And on and on and on.
But thus far, I have learned many things and it only reinforces why I am committed to fulfilling my dreams of being healthy and feeling good! Let me share a few of those realizations with you:
1. I have to consistently exercise. I have led a lifestyle that didn't incorporate exercise and it is way to easy for me to slip right back onto the couch and watch television.
2. I really love finding and trying whole and healthy foods to eat. Who knew that fruits and veggies could be so tasty? And might I add, I make a really mean fruit smoothie!
3. I cannot do it all at once. I am the kind of person that becomes obsessed with things almost to the point of insanity. I realize this about myself, yet I continue to do it anyway! This is exactly what the title of the blog states: a journey. A journey is a lifetime of change, not a one day turnaround.
4. I feel really good in my own skin. I haven't felt this way in a long time.
5. My son has taken notice of the changes I have made. This simply amazes me that I can make such a significant impact in his young little life. He asks me all the time, "Mommy, are you going to do your ets-ercise?"
6. I really love Greek yogurt! Why didn't we have this sooner???
7. I have the ability to do this and the commitment continues to burn inside of me. It's awesome!
8. I love to blog. It does take time, but it is so important in my self-accountability.
These are just a few things that I can name off the top of my head. I am certain there are more exciting lessons to be learned!