Monday, March 7, 2011

My new gadget and a WooHoo Weigh In

Well, it really wasn't a WooHoo Weigh In, but I'll take it.  I'm only down .6 pounds, but I know exactly what happened.  It all started Friday afternoon and went down hill from there.  I went to a really awesome deli/sandwich shop and I'm sure that didn't help...and neither did the Laura's iced cookie that I had for dessert.  Oh, and then came the biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast on Saturday morning (which might I add that I will never have store bought frozen buttermilk biscuits again, so lesson learned.  Those things are little heart attacks in a bag!)  And then came the ultimate downfall of the weekend, the movie theater.  And we all know what happens at the movie theater, right?  Yep, you got it, popcorn.  And lots of butter.  But you know, it was fabulous and now I'm moving on.  I am thankful that I didn't gain anything.  But now I know what I can't do, otherwise the pounds will come back!

I am sad to say that my fabulous Omron pedometer is being shipped back to Amazon.  In my last post, I told you about the jog/walk that I went on with my friend, and I used the pedometer.  I was very, very disappointed when at the end of the walk, it only registered 1.91 miles.  I know for a fact that we walked almost 3 miles and I wanted to throw the thing out in the field behind my house.  Fortunately, Amazon has a fantastic return policy and I actually ended up purchasing something to replace it.  After much research, I found the Polar FT4 Women's Heart Rate Monitor Watch.  It truly has everything that I want in a gadget and I think this is going to be the device for me.  I don't really need anything for distance because the bike paths behind my house are marked.  I am going to use those as my training guide for my upcoming race. 

If you are interested in seeing the trails that I use for training, you can find them here.  I have a fantastic asset right in my back yard!  I use "Xenia to Spring Valley" portion.

That's all I have for now.  Have a fabulous week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hey any weight loss is better than none! At least you're moving in the right direction. :) We have a great neighborhood to walk in but a trail like you guys have out back would be even better! Keep at it woman!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. I welcome your comments and suggestions!