Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cardio is good!

After Sunday's snafu with my weigh-in, I decided to kick it up a notch this week with my eating habits as well as some additional cardio activity.  We are in the process of installing a new TV, so I had to find some exercises via ExerciseTV on the web.  I swear I love that channel/website because they offer free videos online!  So, my computer room isn't the best place to workout, but it is doable. 

Monday night I chose two walking segments that were 1 and 2 miles.  I had to break them up in order to give the kiddo a bath, but I finished 50 minutes of cardio that night.  I rested Tuesday, but was back at it today.  I actually ventured down to our gym facilities at work with a friend of mine.  It's funny because I have been at the same job for three years, and tonight was the first night I went to our gym!  Anyway, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and barely felt like I had done anything.  I did sweat, but then again, I always sweat.  Nothing new there.  After a lot of play with my son (and a crash face first into the coffee table, lots of crying, and lots of hugging), I wasn't quite finished, so I picked up an extra mile with ExerciseTV online.

I am planning to buy a small set of dumbells so I can start to do some minor weight training/sculpting on my off nights.  ExerciseTV has some fabulous upper body workouts that I am really interested in trying!

As far as food, I need to start holding myself accountable by blogging about my intake.  Not that I'm doing bad by any means, but to see it written down might help me make some adjustments here and there.

But for now, I'm heading to the bed to relax and do some reading!  Have a good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. I welcome your comments and suggestions!