Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This isn’t going to happen overnight…

OK, so I am about six weeks into this whole lifestyle change thing and I just can’t help but feel some doubt from time to time.  Doubtful that I can really pull this off, doubtful that I am strong enough to make a significant change, doubtful that I can actually do this or that exercise routine, doubtful that I am eating the right things, just a  lot of doubt!  I suppose that is a very normal part of the process.  I have been at this for six weeks and didn’t even really see real results until last week.  Of course, that is my own fault, but I am convinced that I have to pick up the pieces and keep going!  I need and HAVE to do this! 
Today I had a little bit of a milestone and while it may seem silly to those of you who don’t have this problem, it was a big deal to me!  I walked through our coffee break area at work, and once again, someone had brought some kind of devil snack to share with those of us who would take the bait.  It looked really good, so I thought, “Well, I haven’t had any chocolate in a while, I’ll just have one little piece.”  So, I took a piece and went and sat down at my desk.  I took one bite and it didn’t taste good.  And then (and here’s where I had a huge breakthrough), I threw the rest away!  Wow, what a concept?  If you don’t like it, don’t eat it!  You have to understand, I used to be the kind of person who ate just to be eating.  I love food!  But I think I’m starting to learn that I don’t have to eat all of the time.  I don’t have to finish something, even if it doesn’t taste good, simply because it is sitting there. 
Just a few thoughts that I had today and needed to convey by writing them out.  I believe everyone needs a good brain dump now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. I welcome your comments and suggestions!