Sunday, January 2, 2011

And so it begins!

Hmmm, I don't even know where to start.  I have known for quite some time that I wanted to start some kind of blog.  Simply because it is "the thing" to do right now, and also for some additional motivation.  Motivation and accountability from friends and family during my journey to become healthy and lose weight. 


It all started when I became pregnant with my son (who is now 3).  I was really at the top of my game during my pregnancy and actually only gained 16 pounds.  (I know, don't hate me).  Even 6 weeks post-partum, I was already below my pre-pregnancy weight.  And that is where it ends. 


So, here we are, 3+ years later, and I am probably the most unhealthy I have ever been.  Now, I could sit here and give you all kinds of excuses, but none of them would be legit.  The truth is, I don't diet.  I really don't even exercise.  I have had many blocks of time over the past 3 years that I have started to get fit, and then stopped for various reasons.  Mostly because I'm lazy or "don't have enough time".  Another truth is that I couldn't even tell you how much I weigh.  The last time I looked at a scale, I wanted to faint, and then I never looked at it again.  That was probably a year ago!

Here is where it starts.  Right here and right now.  And time progresses, my goals may change, but ultimately I want to be a healthier wife, mommy, and me!  Join me on my journey!

2 comments:

  1. Terri, Congrats on your blog and your decision to improve your lifestyle!! I'll be following you, commenting often! ;) If you want, follow my blog: ginazumbaplus.blogspot.com. I just finished up a 25 Days of Fitness challenge last month, and this month it is going to get even crazier as I begin my quest to fit into my bridesmaids dress in April. LOL Hopefully I can be of help to you. :) Enjoy your journey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your journey! Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. I welcome your comments and suggestions!